May 6, 2013
New research on sports safety, medicine, more to be presented in Indianapolis
The American College of Sports Medicine’s 60th Annual Meeting and 4th World Congress on Exercise is Medicine®. Internationally recognized authorities in sports medicine and exercise science present keynote lectures, research presentations, panel discussions and workshops. Featured sessions on the newest research topics include:
- Using Science to Optimize Resistance Training Results
- Musculoskeletal Modeling to Solve Sports Related Problems
- Translating Concussion Data into Science
- ACL Injuries in Children
- Barefoot/Minimal Footwear Running
- Diet, Exercise, and Insulin Sensitivity
- Environmental Research on Physical Activity
- Exercise as a Therapeutic Agent
- Advocacy and the Sports Medicine Professional
- And much more original science; more than 2,500 abstracts will be presented
- Dr. Howard K. Koh, Assistant Secretary for Health for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
For a complete schedule of sessions, download the advance program.
The 4th World Congress on Exercise is Medicine, held in conjunction with the ACSM Annual Meeting, will convene some of the world’s leading experts to build on the global charter launched in 2010. This year, Exercise is Medicine will activate its regional centers and offer a forum to share ways attendees can activate the initiative in their community.
WHEN: May 28 – June 1, 2013
WHERE: Indiana Convention Center, Indianapolis
WHO: More than 6,000 participants – including internationally recognized sports medicine physicians, researchers and educators – will attend the meeting and address cutting-edge issues in the field. The World Congress draws public health experts, government officials, scientists and advocates from six continents. Many of these experts will be available for media interviews.
MEDIA NOTES: Registration for the 2013 ACSM Annual Meeting and World Congress on Exercise is Medicine is free for members of the media. Media who attend will have exclusive access to experts presenting at and attending the meeting. ACSM staff will be on-site to help coordinate interviews and photo opportunities with these experts.
For more information or to reserve your credentials, please email your name and media outlet to Annie Spencer at email@example.com.