Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
The Team Physician Course gives primary care, specialty physicians and other healthcare providers the core of knowledge to care for sports teams in the community. The course is delivered in two parts (offered in February of each year). Participants are not required to complete courses in sequential order.
The course offers you hands-on workshops that will help fill in gaps in your course work. You will be presented with new perspectives in the orthopedic, primary care and emergency medicine aspects of sports medicine and athlete care.
a PDF registration form to fax or mail. View the 2016 Preliminary Program!
Topics for the 2016 Meeting Include:
Team Physician Consensus Conference Statements
- Preconference: Basic Muskuloskeletal Ultrasound
- Upper Extremity Injuries in Athletes: Shoulder and Elbow
- Return to Play
- The Female Athlete
- Head and Neck Problems in Athletes
- The Hand and Wrist in Athletes
- Rehabilitation of Upper Extremity Injuries
- Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Issues in Sports
- Performance Enhancement
- Sub specialty Issues in Sports Medicine I (Facial Injuries in the Athlete; Ophthalmology: Eye Injuries and Prevention; Exercise Related Headaches; Infectious Disease; Allergic Conditions in Sports)
- Sub specialty Issues in Sports Medicine II (Abdominal Trauma in Sports; GI Problems in the Athlete; GU Tract Illness and Injury in the Athlete)
- Case Sessions for Discussion
ACSM leads a distinguished panel of team physicians to produce Team Physician Consensus Conference Statements, a series dealing with select medical issues in the care and treatment of athletes. Statements are developed by a collaboration of major professional associations concerned with clinical sports medicine issues. The most recent consensus statement will be presented at the meeting.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Who should attend?
Clinicians and other healthcare professionals interested in learning the basic information needed to provide sideline coverage and evaluation of athletic injuries.
Residents, Fellows, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists
The Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront will serve as the official headquarters for the course. All sessions, receptions, breaks and workshops will be held at the Hotel.
Participants and their guests are eligible for discounted hotel rooms in the host hotel. Reservations can be made online (link below) or call 1 (888) 591-1234 and mention the American College of Sports Medicine Team Physician Course to receive the discounted rate. Reservations must be made by December 28, 2015 and are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
The TPC Discounted Guest Room Rate is $169 (Single/Double).
CLICK HERE to make your reservations at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront online today!