The Comprehensive Sports Medicine Update and Board Review Course is a one of a kind course provides a comprehensive review of all subjects contained in the sports medicine board examination. The course faculty includes internationally recognized experts in the field of sports medicine. Attending the course increases the attendee’s sports medicine knowledge and assists in their preparation for the sports medicine board examination.
Early Registration deadline: May 15
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the role of the team physician.
- Analyze the medical and administrative responsibilities of the team physician.
- Recognize the role of the team physician and potential ethical conflicts between the players and coaches.
- Employ the steps that should be taken to insure a player safely returns to play.
- Recognize specific liability issues surrounding the care and return to play of the injured athlete
- Develop and administer a pre-participation examination in an individual or group setting.
- Identify the appropriate timing and frequency of pre-participation examinations.
- Administer screening tests to detect conditions and general health of athletes
- Recognize which tests are appropriate for screening the cardiovascular system.
- Develop or adopt a screening tool for assessing central nervous system conditions or previous injuries.