The Steven M. Horvath Travel Award funds travel expenses for underrepresented minority graduate students traveling to the ACSM Annual Meeting to present their scholarly work. Download the 2014 Horvath Application here.
Award requirements include:
- Applicants must be underrepresented minority graduate students in good standing with a research focus related to sports medicine and/or exercise science.
- Applicants must have been accepted to present research at the 2014 ACSM Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL.
- Applicants must have a faculty sponsor to sign the application, confirming that the student is a current student in good standing, the student is responsible for the research project being presented, and the college/university has limited research funds for students to present scholarly work. The faculty sponsor must also verify that the student is an underrepresented minority student.
- Applications must be submitted on or before the deadline to the Foundation. Please type "2014 Steven M. Horvath Travel Award" as the email subject line.
- Students directly associated with members of the selection committee may not apply
Winners receive a $500 award to pay for travel expenses to attend and present research at the ACSM Annual Meeting and World Congress on Exercise is Medicine.
This award is given in memory of Steven M. Horvath, Ph.D., FACSM, who received the ACSM Citation Award in 1971.
Download the 2014 Horvath Application here. NOTE: You must have Adobe Reader XI to complete the application for this grant. Adobe Reader XI is available for download at http://www.adobe.com.)
Please contact the ACSM Foundation with questions regarding this grant.