The International Student Award honors students from countries outside of the United States and helps fund travel expenses for those traveling to the ACSM Annual Meeting to present their scholarly work.
- November 1, 2016 - Submit an abstract for presentation at the 2017 ACSM Annual Meeting
- February 1, 2017 - Submit completed 2017 ACSM International Student Award application (including expanded abstract and completed "Supervisor/Department Confirmation" form)
Award requirements include:
- Applicants must be a student at the time of the 2017 ACSM Annual Meeting and must not hold a completed doctoral degree of any type (Ph.D., Ed.D., M.D., DPH, etc.) at the time of application. Previous International Student Award winners are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be ACSM members in good standing.
- Applicants must have been accepted to present research at the 2017 ACSM Annual Meeting. Applicants should be the first author of the accepted abstract and should plan to personally present the research.
- Applicants may not be residents of the United States.
Completed applications are due February 1, 2017. Download the 2017 International Student Award application form.
Awards will be determined by the quality of research to be presented at the ACSM Annual Meeting. Award recipients will receive $1,000 USD to assist with travel costs for attending ACSM's 2017 Annual Meeting and World Congress on Exercise is Medicine.