Professional membership is reserved for degreed, practicing professionals in fields related to exercise science and sports medicine, as well as post-doctoral fellows and medical residents or clinical fellows. To join, choose the category below that describes your current role. Benefits include:
- Print & electronic subscription to ACSM’s monthly scientific journal, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise®
- Print & electronic subscription to ACSM’s quarterly review of current research topics, Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews
- Electronic subscription to the bi-weekly Translation Journal of the American College of Sports Medicine
- Electronic subscription to Current Sports Medicine Reports (Physician Members Only)
- Electronic subscription to ACSM’s weekly e-newsmagazine, Sports Medicine Bulletin
- Access to and inclusion in ACSM’s Online Membership Directory
- Discounts on meeting and conference registrations, ACSM Certification exams (excludes specialty exams), ACSM continuing education credits, insurance and consumer products, and submission fee to Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise®
- ACSM membership ID card
- ACSM Member Identity Mark to identify your affiliation with ACSM
- Voting privileges within the College
Professional membership is open to anyone who has earned a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree at an accredited institution in a field related to health, physical education or exercise science; or, anyone who has earned at least a bachelor's degree in another area, but is working in a field related to sports medicine or exercise science. Join as a premium member today.
Professional-in-Training membership is limited only
to physicians in a residency program or a post-doctoral fellowship program. Join as a Professional-in-training today.